Wednesday, January 27, 2010

i believed, i believed, i believed...

I have decided that Wednesday shall be Nanci Griffith video day:)

So, in order to celebrate I give you a video of It's a Hard Life Wherever You Go. Something about this particular video moved me very deeply the first time I encountered it...there is something so mesmerizing about Nanci's stage presence. Perhaps it is the fact that she can command your attention (and you thank her for it): not with flashy clothes, or pyrotechnics, but with the power of her beautiful voice and the conviction of her heartfelt lyrics. It is so clear that she feels deeply about each and every word she is singing...and this is still true 20 years later.

https://

1 comment:

  1. Nanci Wednesdays? Now I can get through the week! I remember this song. I think it's one of my favorites she played.

    ReplyDelete