Wednesday, March 24, 2010

answer only with your eyes...

href="">

Nanci Griffith Wednesday!

So sorry that I missed last week, but I came home from work and went right to bed. But I have a really great one this time around.

This is Nanci singing with Emmylou Harris and Iris Dement on Are You Tired of Me Darlin? First of all, Nanci has another one of her sweet and humorous intros complete with brilliant comic timing in the line "And tonight, me, I'm Chet." Second of all, having Nanci, Emmylou and Iris singing on a song together is like pure musical transcendence in my opinion. The three of them hold 3 of the most unique and powerful voices out there and they blend together exquisitely. I really think they should consider doing a Trio album, a la Emmylou, Dolly Parton and Linda Ronstadt - and then take it on the road for all to enjoy:)

Enjoy! This is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment