Wednesday, April 7, 2010

headin' down the runway like a man possessed...

Nanci Griffith Wednesday y'all!

href="">

This is a terrific and actually tragic song written by Richard Dobson that tells the true story of a motorcycle stuntman who was killed attempting a new stunt. It's interesting because Nanci is smiling through the entire tune:) I guess she's trying to lighten the mood! Anyway, Nanci is backed by some pretty incredible musicians including Roy Husky, Jr. and Mark O'Connor and they are all in top form. The album version of this song is actually much different than this - it's a more rocking version with Phillip Donnelly offering an amazing electric guitar solo. But I really love this more roots/acoustic version as well.

I make a living playing these songs
and I hang out in bars
I play my guitar
Oh but honey I don't jump over cars

1 comment:

  1. The smiling was a little confusing. "Oops, he missed the ramp, y'all!" But she's having fun singing it, it seems.

    ReplyDelete