Wednesday, February 3, 2010

we'll hide out in the subways and drink the poet's wine...

It's Nanci Wednesday:)

This is the video that left me absolutely without any doubt, smitten with this woman. It begins with a sweet little intro and then goes into an absolutely gorgeous rendition of my favorite song of hers, There's a Light Beyone These Woods (Mary Margaret).

What I love so much about this song is that it's basically a love song for her best friend. There really aren't enough songs out there that focus on the unique bond of friendship. It's a song that I, and I think most people, can identify with. Talking as youngsters with your best friend about going toward the "lights beyond the woods" of our lives; and then things turning out much different than you both had imagined. Emmylou Harris has a similar song, Red Dirt Girl, that is also wonderful.

This performance showcases Nanci at her loveliest and she gets backup help from Denise Franke - a beautiful vocalist in her own right. Nanci's natural warmth practically oozes out of the screen and I thank her for constantly sharing that with her audience.


http://

1 comment:

  1. I forgot to check this last week. Come on, Mary Margaret!

    ReplyDelete