Thursday, February 11, 2010

bob's gals...




Just found this incredible picture...Robert Altman surrounded by his Five and Dime ladies...the brilliant Sandy Dennis, Cher and Karen Black in full-on crazy hair mode!

Come Back to the Five and Dime Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean is one of my favorite movies (and inspiration for my blog title) and Sandy Dennis' performance was one of the first that had a very big affect on me...unfortunately it's not available on DVD yet. But if you rummage up the VHS copy somewhere, check it out. It also feature Kathy Bates in one of her first film roles.

2 comments:

  1. OMG, this is amazing. First of all, Karen Black looks like she could have played the middle of the road version of Jocelyne Wildenstein, and have you seen Another Woman????? Sandy Dennis is so amazing, and she plays an actress who's doing a play at the Cherry Lane! They even filmed it right outside, I had no idea...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have seen Another Woman and Sandy is indeed fantastic as always!! The cast for that film is orgasmic...Gena Rowlands, Mia Farrow, Sandy Dennis, Blythe Danner, Betty Buckley, Martha Plimpton, Frances Conroy...oh my!

    ReplyDelete